FIRE CHIP KELLY
- Chip is gone! Hurray! Chip, thanks for leaving us with imminent NCAA sanctions and leaving right before letter of intent signing day and messing up the recruiting class. It's as if he's trying to do as much damage as possible on his way out.
- Chip confesses how close he was to taking the Tampa Bay job. Only stayed because of the staff... no mention of players, fans, university, state etc.
- Embarrassing report from ESPN on Chip's lack of control and all of the drug issues going on right now at Oregon.
- Congrats to Chip for finally winning a big game against a non-conference team. He's now 1-4 in those games. Too bad the game was as close as it was, it didn't need to be. Imagine how much we could have won by if the play calling was better. No way anybody can defend Chip's decision to give De'Anthony Thomas only two carries. He averaged 77.5 yards per carry and took each run to the house. Maybe we should run that play more Chip.
- All of us are happy to end our 95-year Rose Bowl drought. With the talent we obviously had this year, excitement for the Rose Bowl win is tempered by a sense of underachievement. I don't think LSU (or any team for that matter) could beat us on a neutral field, with decent coaching. It's a shame we'll never find out what this team could have done. If Chip doesn't get fired after the NCAA is done investigating him, and he doesn't cash out and go to the NFL, I hope he learns from his mistakes this season (USC timeout debacle, LSU play calling etc.) and helps the team reach its potential in 2012. The players deserve it and so do the fans and alumni.
- Chip cracks under pressure and blows it bigtime against USC by not using his timeouts in the final minutes. No doubt Chip cost us the game and a shot at returning to the BCS Championship.
- Over 80% of fans in this Oregonian poll think Chip blew it against USC by wasting time and going for a tie instead of using timeouts and taking shots at the endzone.
- Who does Chip hate more? The media or the fans? Depends on who the media is I guess. If Erin Andrews asks Chip about Willie Lyles we might actually get to the bottom of all this garbage.
- Mike Bellotti thinks we'll get some sanctions because of the Kelly/Lyles situation.
- Chip Kelly's ego is becoming a problem for this Oregon fan who questions Kelly's judgment about Cliff Harris.
- Another Oregon fan questioning Kelly's control of team and inconsistent handling of off-field issues.
- A poll showing a majority of respondents think Kelly will be fired or resign because of the ongoing scandal, and another poll showing a majority who are confident a penalty for Oregon is now imminent.
- Here's some detail on Chip's contract with the University of Oregon.
- Chip is alienating boosters and giving the stiff-arm to "practice regulars such as Cottage Grove Youth for Christ, a handful of retirees filling up their mornings by hanging on the sidelines, and several jobless fans, who can't afford game tickets.". Maybe Mullens (AD) is creating distance so he will make an easier fall guy when the NCAA hammer drops.
- NCAA announces official investigation of Chip Kelly and the Willie Lyles situation.
- Rampant reports of more Chip Kelly problems emerging in 4-6 weeks. Dark clouds following Chip everywhere these days.
- Boise St. busted hard by NCAA for much less than Chip allegedly did according to ESPN.
- Chip blows out Nevada, then refuses to meet with local media.